Falcons Fall to Ephs
Fitchburg, Mass. – The Fitchburg State University men's basketball team dropped a 109-41 decision to the Ephs of Williams College in non-conference action this evening at the Parkinson Gymnasium.
Score: Fitchburg State 41, Williams 109
Records: Fitchburg State (2-5) | Williams (6-0)
How It Happened
The two teams traded baskets to open the contest as senior James Heskett (Cincinnati, Ohio) hit from behind the arc, while junior Nicholas Tracy (Indianapolis, Ind.) connected on a jumper for the Falcons (3-2). A jumper from Henry Feinberg (San Francisco, Calif.) extended the Ephs lead (29-8) midway through the first stanza.
Leading 57-26 after intermission, the Ephs secured the victory with a 25-6 run to open the frame. As both teams emptied their benched down the stretch, Falcon freshman Damian Pantoja (Meriden, Conn.) contributed a pair of baskets for his first points of his collegiate career.
Inside the Numbers
- Fitchburg State was led by Tracy with a team-best nine points and three rebounds.
- For Williams, four players were in double figures. Senior Bobby Casey (Scranton, PA) posted a game-leading 26 points and five caroms, while sophomore Marc Taylor (Chicago, Ill) had 16 points off the bench.
- Fitchburg State shot 16-for-62 (25.8%) from the field and (4-of-25) 16% from beyond the arc.
- Williams went 40-for-67 (59.7%) overall and (16-of-26) 61.5% from three point range.
- The Ephs controlled the boards, holding a 57-25 margin on the glass.
- Just the third meeting between the two schools on the parquet with the Falcons 0-3 all-time when taking on the Ephs.
Falcons will host the Engineers of WPI on Saturday for a non-conference bout, starting at 12:00 PM. Ephs will travel to Wesleyan (Conn.) on the same day in non-conference action with a 7:00 PM tipoff.