If you are interested in transferring to Fitchburg State University from either a NCAA Division I or II institution, we need to receive written permission from your previous school’s compliance office prior to our coaches contacting you directly. Once this release is received you may speak freely with our coaches.
If you are interested in transferring to Fitchburg State University from another Division III institution you must complete the self-release form below and email or fax it to Merry MacDonald at 978-665-3710 or firstname.lastname@example.org . This will allow contact between you and the Fitchburg State coach for up to 30 days.
If you are interested in transferring to Fitchburg State from a 2-year institution you do not need permission to contact our coaches and may do so at any time.
Here are some general guidelines regarding transferring and immediate eligibility:
- If you have not participated in collegiate athletes at Division III OR have not participated in over two years you would likely be immediately eligible.
- If you have never participated at another MASCAC institution you will likely be immediately eligible.
- If you would have been eligible at your previous institution you are likely to be immediately eligible.
- If you are going to be ineligible at the time of transfer, eligibility can be re-established with a year of residency. This is consecutive fall and spring with full time status (12 credits) and being both academically and athletically eligible.
- Once you start taking classes full-time at any institution, you have 5 years and/or 10 full time semesters to use your 4 years of eligibility.