Stalters posts DIII NE qualifying time of 16.25 seconds in the 110 meter hurdles
Fitchburg, Mass. – The Fitchburg State University men's outdoor track & field team placed second with a total of 136.50 points as the Falcons hosted its annual Eric Loeschner Memorial Invitational this afternoon at Elliot Field.
Meet: Eric Loeschner Memorial
Location: Elliot Field
Scoring: 2nd Places, 136.50 Points
How It Happened
Senior Cameron Stalters (Norton, Mass.) paced the Falcons with DIII New England qualifying time of 16.25 seconds in the 110 meter hurdles after placing first overall, while junior Zachary Buckland (Billerica, Mass.) finished second in the event with a MASCAC qualifying time of 16.76 seconds.
The 4x100 meter relay team of junior Zachary Joseph (Hyde Park, Mass.), senior Austin Landress (Winchendon, Mass.), sophomore Asante Monteiro (Fall River, Mass.) and junior Marvin Lovett III (Springfield, Mass.) finished first overall with a time of 44.24 seconds, while Landress (1:01.85) and senior Joseph Darrigo (Tewksbury, Mass.) (1:05.86) qualified for MASCAC's in the 400 meter hurdles, placing third and sixth respectively.
In the 800 meter, newcomer Nicholas Sachetta (Billerica, Mass.) posted a MASCAC qualifying time of 2:06.36 with a fifth place effort, while Monteiro (23.25), Joseph (23.37) and senior Deion Ducoste (Boston, Mass.) (24.26) qualified for the post-season, finishing first, second and fifth.
Junior Brandon DiGregorio (Nashua, N.H.) posted a post-season qualifying time of 39:09.70 in the 10,000 meter, while in the 1500 meter, sophomore Timothy Sheehy (Wakefield, R.I.) and Darrigo finished fourth and fifth with MASCAC qualifying times of 4:17.84 and 4:20.27.
Ducoste posted a MASCAC qualifying time of 12.20 seconds in the 100 meter with an eighth place finish, while freshman Mike Masterson (Pepperell, Mass.) placed sixth in the 400 meter with a post-season qualifying time of 55.23 seconds.
In the field, freshman Cody Soderlund (Middleborough, Mass.) turned in a third place effort in the pole vault with a MASCAC qualifying vault of 3.35 meters, while classmate Brandon McNeil (Dartmouth, Mass.) qualified for the post-season in the long jump with a fifth place mark of 5.79 meters.
Buckland turned in a MASCAC qualifying toss of 41.65 meters in the javelin, while Buckland also finishing third in the high jump with a post-season qualifying mark of 1.70 meters. McNeil (12.80m) and sophomore Wilkerson Pierre (Cambridge, Mass.) (12.39m) qualified for MASCAC's, finishing first and second, while senior Justin Stewart (Tewksbury, Mass.) rounded out the top Falcon efforts on the day with seventh place toss of 24.44 meters in the hammer throw.
By The Numbers
- Brandon McNeil 5th place in the long jump (5.79m), 1st place in the triple jump (12.83m)
- Cody Soderlund 3rd place in the pole vault (3.35m)
- Brandon DiGregorio 5th place in the 10000m (39:09.70)
- 4x100 meter relay – 1st place (44.24)
- Timothy Sheehy 4th place in the 15000 (4:17.84)
- Joseph Darrigo 5th place in the 1500 (4:20.27)
- Cameron Stalters 1st place in the 110m hurdles (16.25)
- Zachary Buckland 2nd place in the 110m hurdles (16.76), 3rd place in the javelin (41.65m), 3rd place in the high jump (1.70m)
- Austin Landress 3rd place in the 400m hurdles (1:01.85)
- Nicholas Sachetta 5th place in the 800m (2:06.36)
- Asante Monteiro 1st place in the 200m (23.25)
- Zachary Joseph 2nd place in the 200m (23.37)
- Deion Ducoste 5th place in the 200m (24.26)
- Wilkerson Pierre 2nd place in the triple jump (12.39m)
Falcons will host the 2019 MASCAC/New England Alliance Championships next Saturday for a meet starting at 10:00 AM.