Wilson Perez enters his second season as an assistant coach for the Fitchburg State Men's & Women's Cross Country and Track & Field teams.
Prior to joining the Fitchburg State coaching staff, coach Perez was the Head Cross Country/Track & Field coach at New England College the last four seasons. While at New England College he would re-write the record books in Cross Country & Track, becoming the most decorated coach in school history.
In two short years his women's team won their first ever conference title in 2013 and Coach Perez was named Coach of the Year. Coach Perez brought New England College on to the national stage with XC/Track standout Abby Shafer (Egg Harbor Township, NJ).
Shafer would go on to run personal bests of 17:06-5k, 9:53-3k, 5:01-Mile, 4:37-1500m and was a 3 time national qualifier. The men's XC team continued to climb the conference ladder placing better each and every year. On the track the men's team continued to improve as every athlete would set personal bests in their respective events.
Prior to New England College, Coach Perez was the Head Men's and Women's Cross Country coach at Colby-Sawyer College from 08-11'. Wilson built the program from the ground up and it quickly became a conference power house.
As an athlete Wilson excelled on the trails and track for Keene State College. Coach Perez is an 8 time All-American and was inducted in the Keene State Hall of Fame in 2012. In 2000 he was the NCAA New England Regional Cross Country Champion and went on to finish 4th at the NCAA Championships. After college he trained in Rochester, NY with USA Team Brownstone Marathon training group.
"I am thrilled to be a part of Fitchburg State University and the tradition here. Fitchburg State is committed to providing a phenomenal academic and athletic experience".
He currently lives in Keene, N.H. with his wife Rebecca and their two sons Wilson III & Vincent.
- 2015 Cross Country National Qualifier.
- 2015 Indoor and OutdoorTrack National Qualifier: 11th in the 3K and 5K.
- 2014 Male Rookie of The Year & 2014 Women's Runner of The Year.
- 2014 & 2013 All-Academic Team.
- 2013 Women's North Atlantic Conference Cross Country Coach of The Year.
- 2013 Women's North Atlantic Conference Champions.
- 2013 Female Runner of The Year & Rookie of the Year.
- 2011 & 2012 Women's North Atlantic Conference runner-up.
- 2012-2010 Coached both the male and female rookies of the year in (TCCC & NAC).
- Multiple TCCC and NAC Conference Runners from 2010-2014.
- Multiple Post Season Qualifiers achieving All-New England and All-ECAC in Track
- Men's and Women's teams set over 20 new indoor track records and over 15 new outdoor records.
- Currently have coached the most individual men and women in cross country to the top 10 all-time list for New England College.
Coach Perez Personal Best: