Falcons Race at MASCAC Championship
Paxton, Mass. – The Fitchburg State University women's cross country team finished fifth overall in 2019 Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) women's cross country championship this afternoon with a total of 115 points at Moore State Park.
Score: Fifth Place, 115 Points
How It Happened
The Green and Gold were paced by freshman Abigail Murphy (Quincy, Mass.), who finished 10th overall with a time of 21:07, while teammate Olivia Mullins (Plaistow, NH) followed in the 16th slot, turning in a time of 21:34 over the 5K course.
Newcomer Lilah McAndrew (Old Lyme, Conn.) was next, posting a time of 22:19, while senior Vera Ziegler entered the chute with a time of 24:08. Rounding out the top five finishers for Fitchburg State were freshman Erin Maida (Danbury, Conn.) at 24:24.
Inside the Numbers
- Fitchburg State finished sixth overall at last year's MASCAC Women's Cross Country Championships with a total of 153 points
- Murphy was named MASCAC All-Conference for her top 10 performance.
- Westfield State claimed first place by amassing a total of 34 points.
- The Owls freshman Grace Phair claimed top honors, finishing first overall with a time of 19:10. Phair was named MASCAC Runner and Rookie of the Year.
- Bridgewater State's Connor Foley was named MASCAC Coach of the Year following the race.
The Falcons will compete in the NCAA DIII New England Regional Championships, hosted by Bowdoin College on Saturday, November 16th, starting at 11 a.m.